Wednesday 3 April 2013

DAY 6 (I THINK) - PORT AUGUSTA



Fortunately, today didn’t bring any fresh excitement. We are comfortably set up in a row of caravans on the Big 4 Caravan Park at Port Augusta having spent the day doing domestic chores like shopping and washing.

We received some disappointing news when we got back into phone range in that Tricia’s father has been admitted to hospital and may need to be relocated into a facility which can provide him with a higher level of care.

When we arrived at Port Augusta, I set about the process of finding someone who knew something about air suspension but, of course, nobody here knows anything about it but I did discover that there is a Land Rover dealer in Port Lincoln, 300 kms south of here. It’s a slight detour on our intended route but will enable us to see some country we would not have otherwise seen. That’s where one can dive in a cage with the great whites but I’ll give that a miss. I prefer to dive with sharks without a cage.

I have spoken to Land Rover Southport and Land Rover Port Lincoln who have in turn spoken to each other so hopefully, by the time we get there tomorrow, they will have worked out how to fix it (not). The good news is that the car behaves perfectly on the highway. It’s only in challenging situations (which it is supposedly designed to deal with) that it fails.

I scoured the tyre outlets here before finally finding one who could supply a tyre of the unique size that the Range Rover needs. It will be available tomorrow so that is at least under control.
I haven’t taken a single photo today so I have added a few of the previous days shots to add some interest.


Time for that medicinal glass of wine one has to have after yet another stressful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment